Tuesday, July 12, 2011

First Post!

Well here goes nothing!  I have a bunch of different topics I want to share but I will start off with just sharing a fab recipe from my new favorite food blog skinnytaste.com.  I literally have made a dozen things off of her site so far and loved each one. Today I noticed her Pasta Fagioli recipe and realized it is very similar to the one I make!

Here is the original recipe Gina's Pasta Fagioli

The changes I made were:
  • I rendered some bacon, then removed the bacon and cooked the veggies in the drippings
  • I added garlic  and some red pepper flakes to the veggies
  • After the veggies cook I add the tomatoes and a dash of Worcestershire sauce
  • I added some fresh baby spinach since I had some in the fridge
  • I cooked the pasta in a seperate pot and add to the bowls when I serve, otherwise it gets mushy overnight 
 I think that's about it, here is the finished product with some freshly graded Parmesan!



    2 comments:

    1. Oh it turned out delish! I actually had enough to enjoy for lunch today too :)

      ReplyDelete