Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Remix!

So since I had some leftover soup from last night, I decided to use it as a base for tonight's dinner!  Since the boyfriend isn't too keen on having just soup for dinner I added some chicken and tortellini to make it more hearty.  Growing up there was an Italian dish that I loved but did not get to eat often....it was a pasta dish with spicy tomatoes, onions, bell peppers, baby peas, and small ditalini pasta.  I think it is simply called pasta and peas but I will have to research that dish and make that in the future and post it here. That pasta and peas dish is what inspired me tonight, check out the changes I made below....

First I added about 2 cups of chicken broth and a 15 oz can of diced tomatoes and some salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes to give it a kick.  Once that was at a simmer I put in 3 chicken tenders that I had in the freezer.  I let that all simmer on low for about 20 min then added about 2 cups of frozen peas and some frozen tortellini (since I did not add pasta to the soup last night) then let that simmer for about 10 minutes, that's it!

It was simply delicious and a definite keeper!


2 comments: